The Spiritual Mother

Celebrating Motherhood as a Spiritual Guide and Path.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Cleaning Machine.

I have heard many other mothers say how they like to clean during nap time. I do not do this. Here is a list of reasons why:

1.) I like my "me" time. What better time to have some you time. If you want to nap, blog, surf the net, read, what better time to do this then when your darling/s are napping?

2.) I like my child to see me clean. He has learned to help me clean. He loves to run around the house with his Swiffer that I have for him. It is great, I took out one of the middle pieces and it is his height. It is nice to know that he may continue to love to help mommy clean for years to come.

3.) Cleaning can be loud. When I clean I tend to make allot of noise. Clanking dishes, singing along to music, listening to TV. These are all regular happenings when I clean. I tend to wake my child up when I clean, resulting in lesser nap times.

4.) I clean many times per day. If I didn't it would be a hot mess in here, more than it is now, all the time. I like to keep my sink empty and we try to pick up toys in between all activities.


So, for these reasons, I do not clean during nap times. What about you?

No comments: