The Spiritual Mother

Celebrating Motherhood as a Spiritual Guide and Path.

Sunday, January 10, 2010

And so it is January...

Cold..grey...cabin feverish.. January. Not my favorite month.. I am already getting the urge to get out side and sit on my back porch with a camp fire going with a cup of coffee in one hand and a book in the other.. ahh now that sounds like heaven! I guess that is a good sign though.. because that means I am craving some me time! I can't wait till my son gets to an age where I can let him play outside and not have to chase him around pulling things like acorns and twigs out of his mouth.

I have my altar set up down stairs... and a few changes made to a room that was an attempted library back in the 70's.. but the spring green paint on the walls needs to go...and the pile of trash in the center of the room from all the demo I did to the room needs to go too.. and a few boxes that need to be organized.. It will be a great room.. but DANG if I had the energy.. I think this weather is just sucking it out of me!

It has been below zero for at least 3 weeks now.. we are supposed to move up to the 30's this week.. I am hoping that changes my mood a bit..

I have been doing something positive though... I have been doing yoga..and I feel physically great.. I have lost 7 pounds in the last 2 weeks.. go me! However I have not been able to bring myself to post or barely even stalk a pagan message board... I swear if I hear the term "light a candle" anytime soon I will be mentally shoving that candle up thier ass!

No comments: