The Spiritual Mother

Celebrating Motherhood as a Spiritual Guide and Path.

Monday, December 28, 2009

This might be a long rant..

Well I have been AFK for a few weeks from my blog.. a combination of my laptop being broken down and not having the time to go down to the basement to use our PC.. my husbands laptop finally started loading webpages.. AND... the holidays are finally over...

I am aching to put my tree away... however my visiting mother asked me to keep it up a few more days... I give it 1 week max before I start sneaking ornaments into boxes when she isn't looking :-)

I did do something positive with my time away from my blog.. I set up an altar.. and I got a Zune for Christmas and uploaded a collection of classic rock.

So.. I took some time today to paruse a pagan board I have been spying on lately. I wonder if my choice of board is poor.. or I have become so jaded that neo- pagans in general are a bunch of fru-fru fluffy bunnies.. and all the pagans I used to like to chat with are just gone??

An example of this is a post from a woman regarding being new to the craft and feeling overwhelmed by book selections...

..4 of the 6 posts responding to this woman suggested she start with Cunningham...since when was Cunningham ever a good writer? I will give the guy credit though.. he is wonderful at writing "do what ever you want and say its your faith" and putting it into 2 books and selling it... that guy would be rich if he was still alive today. Don't get me wrong.. his incense oils and brews book is good.. some of his other books are probably good too.. but Guide for the Solitary Practitioner.. might as well read Silver Raven Wolf... hell Laurie Cabot might be a step up from those idiots.

It's like internet pagans in general are complete fluffer nutters...

No comments: