The Spiritual Mother

Celebrating Motherhood as a Spiritual Guide and Path.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

My Daily Facial

I have very sensitive oily skin.. do you know how hard that is to maintain? Most sensitive skin products do not clean the oil off my skin.. and the oily skin products make me break out because they are too strong. However, greening my daily facial care regimen was the best thing I have ever done.

-I wash every morning with Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile Deep Cleansing Cream. Not only does it clean well and very gently on my skin, it contains herbs that make my skin tingle and it always makes me feel cleaner. When I get out of the shower, my face feels so smooth and I love it. I will be using this soap for a very long time.

-When I get out of the shower I use Burt's Bees Rose Water and Glycerin Toner. This stuff is awesome! It makes me feel even cleaner and smells like heaven. I use it through out the day as well for times when I start getting oily in my T zone.. keeps me fresh all day.

-Lotion I only use sparingly, because my skin is so oily to begin with I rarely have dry skin unless it is the dead of winter. I use Burt's Bees Radiance Day Lotion, about the size of a half a pea and it is enough to keep my skin from ever drying out. I only use it if I am going to be in the sun all day or it is a very dry day.

After I switched to this daily routine I found that my skin was way healthier. I do not get acne anymore and I have even noticed that son dark aging spots I had developing faded away. I have a healthy youthful glow and I still get carded. I also rarely wear makeup at all..only to formal occasions. I have found that with using natural products my skin doesn't need to have make up on it barely at all. I highly suggest greening out your face.

No comments: