The Spiritual Mother

Celebrating Motherhood as a Spiritual Guide and Path.

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Day 1 of my check list.

So far so good!

Last night I emailed a pagan author, and got a very prompt response to my surprise. I also contacted an old pagan friend, and got a brief convo with them. I also went on a walk with my son after nap time today. I also asked my husband to let me take a nap today and he not only said "yes" but surprised me with a capacino when I woke up.

Last night I tried to email 2 New Age authors. One email wouldn't send, the other sent and I was given a reply within 30 minutes. I have to say, I am extrememly impressed with Patricia Telesco's response time. I think that I will personally go out and buy another book of hers. She has written over 100 of them, and I really enjoyed "The Kitchen Witches Cookbook". Her advice was short, sweet and solid:

"I've always felt my life is the altar - if we live prayerfully and keep that doorway open, then there's no need to necessarily stop and 'refind' ... 'adjust' might be a better term. In those moments when your focus does not seem to inspire you to be the best possible human, that's when you need to shift and figure out what's working and what's not."

So now I ask myself.. what is working and what is not? I think That might be a meditation in itself!

No comments: