The Spiritual Mother

Celebrating Motherhood as a Spiritual Guide and Path.

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

"Cloth Diapers?!!!"

So our family is in the process of switching to cloth diapers.. yep I said it! We have switched over to pocket diapers that are so much like a disposable the only difference I see is that you get to wash and reuse. Well man oh man do I get strange looks when I tell other moms about my new project! from weird stares to "how are you going to keep up with that laundry???" it is like I have grown an alien head. Yes I am washing them regularly, yes they work for our son, yes I found a great deal...

Think of it this way... I spent 70 bucks recently for 10 diapers.. I will be able to use them over and over until my son is potty trained. And all for a lower price then I would have spent on 2 months of disposable diapers. Not only will they get used now, but I will have a bunch of diapers ready to go for when we have our next child. So pardon me if you ask me about my new cloth diapering habits in a negative fashion and I give you a strange look back.. because I am saving WAY more money than you.

No comments: